Expressworks International is seeking Change Management Consultants to support project teams, mainly in Houston.
Expressworks International is a consulting firm focused on leading companies through changes, however targeted or sweeping they may be. We enable our people, and in turn our clients, to be drivers of change – change that makes businesses more competitive and more profitable. Since 1984, we’ve worked with major companies around the globe to understand their unique challenges, remove complexity and deliver meaningful, measurable, sustainable change.
Our roles are for independent contractors and our projects are generally full time and longer term. Consultants must have 7+ years of experience, specifically leading and executing Change Management activities in partnership with a project team, within a defined consulting methodology. We do not deploy change teams on a project; generally there is only one change consultant to support a project team. Yet there’s a network of bright and energetic colleagues to whom you can turn for support and collaboration to help leverage best practices and lessons learned.
Your role will be to help clients create value through change in their organizations. To do this, you must have experience and skills in the following areas: Change Management, Organizational Awareness, and Thought Partnership.
You must be an expert in Change Management (confident, credible); to be an expert, we believe you must have worked as a change lead for 7+ years, preferably as an external consultant. Based on your experience, you can demonstrate that you:
- Understand the underlying theories of change and is able to apply them in practice
- Design and execute plans to change behavior using a methodology (structured approach)
- Align change to key business objectives and values
- Assess stakeholder willingness, readiness and ability to sustainably adopt the change
- Design simple, sustainable approaches
- Manage projects and initiatives
- Use data supported approaches and be tech savvy
- Are proficient in change and project management tools and language
- Have vertical and horizontal mobility
- Can execute: Achieve real, demonstrable results
- Organize thoughts and communicate them well both verbally and in writing.
You must understand the environment, culture and related dynamics, to effectively diagnose and design appropriate interventions at the organization, team and individual levels. You…
- Are attuned to, and work effectively, in the political and cultural environment
- Have business acumen – keenness and quickness in understanding and dealing with a business situation in a manner that is likely to lead to a good outcome.
Act as a thought partner: assesses the challenge, recommend actions, and structure the approach & timing
- Must be able to accurately assess issues, attitudes, needs
- Provide insights to leaders
- Think strategically
- Build lasting relationships
- Share industry relevant practices and findings
Our consultants demonstrate the following attributes:
- Provide value every day
- Model the best attributes of our client’s culture
- Commit and deliver: “do what you say you will do”
- Are humble: never forget we are guests at our client’s place of business and are there to make our clients look good.
- Are engaging and easy to work with
- Take initiative
- Are self aware: know what they are good at and what they are not
- Are composed: Confident, calm in the face of calamity
- Are adaptable and curious
- Continuously learn
- Are interested in “we”
- Draw on the diverse knowledge of experienced colleagues
- Live the brand
- Make our colleagues look good